6.34. Geocaches That Need Maintenance
The "Needs Maintenance" icon will show on your geocache listing if it has been reported by the community as needing maintenance. Geocachers see this icon as a sign that your geocache may not be in good condition and they may skip trying to find it.
Once you have made repairs, post an "Owner Maintenance" log on your geocache page. This log removes the Needs Maintenance icon.
Additional reminders for geocache owners:
- Replace the container if the current one is in bad condition
- Make sure that that your container is watertight
- If any of the contents are wet, dry them off or replace them
- Check that there is enough space left in your logbook
- If your geocache is not accessible due to weather, note this on the geocache page
- Mark Trackables as "missing" if they are listed in the inventory but no longer are in the cache