3.5. Limiting some EarthCache types
There are some types of Earthcaches for which there are already many examples. For this reason, new submissions for the following types will be considered only if they provide an excellent - and unique - Earth Science lesson.
- Watershed Divides: Only major watershed divides will be accepted.
- River Confluences: Only major river confluences will be accepted.
- Waterfall Classification: We no longer accept EarthCache submissions featuring the various types of waterfalls with a logging task asking to identify the type of waterfall. Waterfall EarthCaches with specific information about the local geology and related logging tasks are acceptable.
- Artesian Wells/Springs: A general description of how an artesian well or spring forms will not be accepted. The EarthCache should include details about the geological conditions that caused the specific artesian well/spring to be formed at the selected location.
- Glacial Erratics: We have decided to no longer publish these EarthCaches unless the geocache provides an exceptional Earth Science lesson and logging tasks. Geocache owners should be innovative. Text should focus on the relationship between the blocks and their surrounding geology. Create a task that examines or identifies how the action of the glaciers brought the erratics to the location.
Please note that we are no longer accepting new submissions about the U.S. river gauging stations.