1.13. How do I use Pocket Queries on the iPhone app?
Geocaching.com Premium Members have the ability to download their Pocket Queries directly on the application. Pocket Queries are custom geocache searches around a specific location. Each query can include up to 1000 geocache listings.
Steps for accessing a Pocket Query on the iPhone:
- On the website, visit http://www.geocaching.com/pocket/ to create a Pocket Query. Choose to receive the results in .GPX format.
- After the Pocket Query has been run, log in to your Geocaching.com account from the iPhone application's settings page ('Menu' > 'Settings).
- Close this page and select the 'Pocket Queries' button at the bottom of the home screen.
- Select the Pocket Query that you would like to access.
- Select the (...) Menu, located in the upper right corner of the screen.
- Select "Save to Offline List".
- Choose "Create New List" or add these caches to an existing list, by selecting an appropriate list under "Add to an Existing List". Select "Save".
- Select the name of the Pocket Query to access the results, under the "Saved" tab.
Options for Pocket Query results:
Map Button – Shows all the results of the Pocket Query on a map. Clicking on a cache icon from the map will provide basic information on the geocache and give you the option to visit the listing.
(...) Menu Button
- Delete this list - Delete the Pocket Query from your device.
- Sort by - Choose to sort the Pocket Query results by:
- Favorite Points
- GC Code
- Geocache Type