3.20. How Do I Use Pocket Queries?
You must be a Geocaching Premium member with the Geocaching Classic App to use these search functions.
Pocket Queries are custom geocache queries that can be downloaded from the website. They are in a format you can bring along with you on cache hunts on your GPS and/or smartphone. Each query can include up to 1,000 caches.
Pocket Queries need to be started at your computer. Go here to create a Pocket Query. At the bottom of the page, choose to receive the results in GPS Exchange Format (*.gpx). We also suggest naming your query something like, "Kid Friendly Caches", or, "North of the City" for example.
Steps for accessing a Pocket Query on the paid Geocaching iPhone App:
- After running your Pocket Query at your computer, access the Geocaching app from your iPhone
- Select 'Pocket Queries' at the bottom of the page
- Select the Pocket Query you would like to access ("Kid Friendly Caches", for example)
- Select (...) from the upper right corner of the screen
- Select 'Save to Offline List'
- Choose "Create New List", or add these caches to an existing list by selecting 'Add to an Existing List'. Select 'Save'.
- Select the name of the Pocket Query to access the results, under the "Saved" tab
Options for Pocket Query results:
Map Button Shows all the results of the Pocket Query on a map. Clicking on a cache icon from the map will provide basic information on the geocache and give you the option to visit the listing.
(...) Menu Button
- Delete this list - Delete the Pocket Query from your device
- Sort by - Choose to sort the Pocket Query results by:
- Favorite Points
- GC Code
- Geocache Type