1.16. How Do I Use Pocket Queries on the iPhone App?
You must have the Full-featured (paid) Geocaching app to use these search functions.
Pocket Queries are custom geocache searches around a specific location that can be downloaded from the website and onto your iPhone. Each query can include up to 1,000 caches. Geocaching Premium Members have the ability to download their Pocket Queries directly onto the application.
Pocket Queries need to be started at your computer. Go to http://www.geocaching.com/pocket/ and create a Pocket Query. At the bottom of the page, choose to receive the results in GPS Exchange Format (*.gpx). We also suggest naming your query something like, "Kid Friendly Caches", or, "North of the City" for example.
Steps for accessing a Pocket Query on the iPhone Full-Featured App:
- After running your Pocket Query at your computer, access the Geocaching app from your iPhone
- Tap 'Menu' and then tap 'Settings'
- Close this page
- Select 'Pocket Queries' at the bottom of the page
- Select the Pocket Query you would like to access ("Kid Friendly Caches", for example)
- Select (...) from the upper right corner of the screen
- Select 'Save to Offline List'
- Choose "Create New List", or add these caches to an existing list by selecting 'Add to an Existing List'. Select 'Save'.
- Select the name of the Pocket Query to access the results, under the "Saved" tab
Options for Pocket Query results:
Map Button – Shows all the results of the Pocket Query on a map. Clicking on a cache icon from the map will provide basic information on the geocache and give you the option to visit the listing.
(...) Menu Button
- Delete this list - Delete the Pocket Query from your device
- Sort by - Choose to sort the Pocket Query results by:
- Favorite Points
- GC Code
- Geocache Type