12.7. Becoming a Volunteer Cache Reviewer
[Updated May 2012]
How do I become a volunteer cache reviewer?
Groundspeak invites geocachers to become volunteer cache reviewers for Geocaching.com based on an identified need in the local area and each candidate's skills and experience.
- Intimate knowledge of the Geocache Listing Requirements/Guidelines
- Active in the geocaching community as a cacher, cache owner, event organizer, etc.
- Consistency in cache ownership: caches are well-maintained and adhere to the guidelines.
- Positive reputation within the local geocaching community
- Involvement with local geocaching organizations
- Ability to communicate effectively on-line and in English
If you'd like to become a cache reviewer, we encourage you to build on your skills and experience needed for the role. If you feel you are currently qualified to serve in this role, please contact Groundspeak and describe your qualifications.
Thank you for your interest in serving the caching community!
(Many thanks to Volunteer Cache Reviewer Keystone for initially developing this article.)