7.1. Becoming a Community Volunteer Reviewer
[Updated October 2013]
How do I become a community volunteer reviewer?
New reviewers are generally identified in collaboration with the local and global reviewing teams based on a need in the area and each candidate's skills and experience.
- Strong knowledge of the Geocache Listing Requirements/Guidelines
- Activity in the geocaching community as a geocacher, geocache owner and event organizer
- Consistency in geocache ownership, such as well-maintained geocaches that adhere to the guidelines
- Positive reputation within the local geocaching community
- Involvement with local geocaching organizations
- Ability to communicate effectively online and in English
The best thing you can do if you'd like to become a geocache reviewer is to work on each of the qualifications described above. Then, when you least expect it, you might be asked!
Thank you for your interest in serving the caching community!
(Many thanks to Volunteer Geocache Reviewer Keystone for initially developing this article.)
1. Forum →