3.7. Report a bug on Geocaching.com
Occasionally, you may find something on our website that does not work properly. We'd like to know whenever there is a bug so that we can fix it.
Here's what you can do, in this order:
- Check our forums to see if this has already been reported by someone else first. This is the most dynamic way to communicate with the active and well-informed community. Fixes or temporary solutions to known issues (workarounds) are also reported in this forum.
- If your topic is already posted, add any new information that will help us investigate.
- If your topic is not already there, start a new thread. Be sure to use the topic title and topic description wisely. Write something specific. For example, a title like "500 error when editing geoache page" provides useful detail. A title called "help me: I found a bug" does not describe the problem at all.
- Help us help you. If we cannot repeat the issue, we cannot repair it so the extra information below is a must. We will get to the bottom of it much quicker if we know about these details:
- What are the specific steps to reproduce your problem?
- If you use other browsers on your computer, does it happens there also?
- What is your Operating System? Windows XP, Mac 10.4, etc.
- What is your browser with version number? IE 7.0, Firefox 2.01, Opera 9.1
- What is the GC code? (if the error occurred at a geocache page)
- Are there any URL's (web page addresses) that you feel would help?
- When you find any thread that is interesting, track or follow that topic: In other words, subscribe to it so you are notified when there are new responses.
- If you feel that the issue you see is a personal one and not appropriate to share in a public forum, please contact us privately. See the link below for more information on how to do that or email us using the link on the left side of this page.
Please fix my bug! you pleaded,
But some repro steps are needed,
What you expected to happen
And what actually happened
Help resolve your bugs unimpeded.